COVID-19 Protocols Effective March 9, 2023
The following COVID-19 mitigation policies are in place for the Mashantucket Pequot Reservation
- Employers within Mashantucket have the option to require masks in indoor public spaces as circumstances may dictate to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission
- Employers may not discourage voluntary use of masks by employees
- Employers shall, to the extent within their control, maintain optimal ventilation rates and where feasible, increase the percentage of outdoor air that circulates within the spaces they occupy
- With the COVID-19 community level for Mashantucket being LOW (as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and reviewed by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation (MPTN) Chief Medical Officer and Land Use Commission Administrator), all employees of MPTN, the Mashantucket Pequot Gaming Enterprise (MPGE), and any tenants, vendors, or other businesses operating at MPGE and elsewhere within Mashantucket have the option to wear a mask informed by personal level of risk (subject to further instruction from their employer consistent with the guidance below)
- All individuals within Mashantucket who have (1) COVID symptoms, (2) tested positive for COVID within the last 10 days, or (3) recent exposure to someone with COVID are required to wear a mask indoors at all times.
Reporting and Return to Work Policy
- All employers and employees within Mashantucket are required to follow MPTN’s “COVID-19 Illness Reporting & Return to Work Protocol” provided here:
COVID-19 Best Practices
- MPTN reiterates the following best practices for all Mashantucket residents, employees, and visitors:
- MPTN strongly recommends that all residents, visitors, and employees within Mashantucket who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine should have an up-to-date COVID vaccination status as a safe and reliable way to prevent infection, severe disease, hospitalization, and death. “Up-to-date” means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccine doses, including any booster dose(s).
- People who are feeling sick or unwell are advised to stay away from others in public and seek assistance from their healthcare providers