Trade Permits Required
It is the responsibility of the owner or agent granted a Land Use Permit to ensure that each contractor, prior to commencing work on his permitted activity, applies for and is issued a Trade Permit. Failure of a Permittee’s contractors to obtain the applicable Trade Permits prior to commencing work may result in Enforcement Action against the Permittee by the MPTN Land Use Commission.
A pre-populated form will be provided to the Applicant when the Land Use Commission approves the Project’s Permit
- New structures
- Additions - building expansion in any direction adding square footage to the exterior of the building or by adding a story.
- Alterations - remodeling and/or demolition of existing space(s)
- Water and sewer work outside the building, including septic systems
- Storm water conveyance
- Retaining walls greater than three (3) feet in height
- Roadways and bridges
- Plumbing system work inside the building or within the property line for potable water supply and distribution piping
- All fixtures and traps, all drainage and vent pipes and all building drains
- Natural Gas services and interior piping
- Any fire suppression system installations, above ground and underground storage tanks, special suppression systems such as kitchen hood suppressions systems (Intergen/Ansul/Piranha type systems, etc.)
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), process piping, gas piping for human comfort, low pressure steam and hydronic heating & cooling process piping
Electrical - Line Voltage
- An electrical line voltage permit is required to erect, install, alter, repair, relocate, replace or add to an electrical system between 60 and 600 volts.
Electrical - Low Voltage
- An electrical low voltage permit is required for all low voltage, limited energy, data, and communications wiring as outlined in in the NEC articles 725 thru 830.
- Fire alarm system installations
- Any temporary event or gathering, including but not limited to trade shows, fairs, or other types of festivals or recreational events, occurring within a facility or upon grounds generally accessible to the public, and which involve one or more of the following activities: erection of a tent, stage, bandshell, trailer, portable building, grandstand, bleachers or placement of portable toilets.
- Removal of a building or structure
- Removal and capping of plumbing, mechanical, septic, and electrical appurtenances
- Removal of structural components of a building
- Unique Trade Work (e.g. Fireproofing, Welding)